|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: Amazing|
Java Developer Spring Hibernate - Birmingham
One of the West Midlands hidden gems is now embarking on a massive expansion programme and have created an opportunity for a Java Developer. They are looking for someone to join a successful team and will be responsible for shaping and developing the Technology function. You will also be supporting the transition to a client centric, product based organisation. This is a key role which will include multiple responsibilities.
The JAVA development team provides a number of essential services to Clients as a part of the core product. The foundation of product is a large JAVA application which is augmented with a variety of, growing, integrations and WEB and Digital services.
By collaborating closely with all members of the delivery teams, the Java development team help to deliver exceptional user experiences for clients that meet their business needs
* Responsible for the Software Development Lifecycle, including solution design (including estimating), solution development, & software innovation.
* Responsible for Software development standards, processes & tools
* To maintain a secure and effective development environment
* To ensure consistent & efficient delivery of products, working with others to translate the roadmap features into manageable components/tasks
* To highlight risks & suggest solutions to ensure effective delivery.
* To consistently evaluate technical efficiency and make changes & improvements as necessary
* Learn & evaluate new technologies & keep abreast of existing technologies to make recommendations & support future platforms
* Ensure Web team develop against company standards and compliance regulations
* Maintain adherence to process & quality standards by all team members
* Work with RESTful API’s and integrations with 3rd Party Systems
* Work with front end developers to create web apps
* Develop code with automated unit and integration tests
* Collaborate with business analysts to refine requirements
* Discuss technical specifications with teams
* Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
* Provide advice and guidance to other developers
- Demonstrable extensive Java experience
- Strong Java, Spring, Hibernate, Maven
- Knowledge of Git and SQL
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Demonstrable experience within a software development environment delivering commercial applications
- Demonstrated desire to learn new technologies, techniques and approaches
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, to achieve goals as agreed by within a self directed team
- Full-stack development experience
- Familiarity with CI or CD
- Understanding of front end development
- MongoDB & MD-SQL Server
- Exposure to financial services systems
- Excellent analytic skills and an ability to demonstrate critical thinking
- Curious - to learn new technologies
In return you will be given an amazing package and the chance to work in one of the Midlands fastest growing companies who really does value their people.
When submitting your application to Colossus Associates, please ensure you have your correct phone number and email address so we can contact you asap regarding your application. For confidentiality purposes, please remove any reference contact phone number's and email address details from your CV.