DBA Database Designer MSSQL - 3 month contract - This is a remote based role with occasional face to face meetings in the clients office based in the West Midlands. Outside IR35
* Develop and publish data strategy and road map
* Work with the leadership to develop a strategy and road map for the client data layer, which supports the product and commercial vision
* Publish the resulting road map and ensure employees understand strategy and objectives.
* Provide technical leadership in data focused design and development projects.
* Work with architecture, security, development, and support teams to ensure that new projects and refactoring work supports the implementation of the road map.
* Control of current data sets
* Develop data governance policies around the data layer
* Work with teams to implement data governance policies within existing management processes.
* Working with the operations team, develop a dashboard capability .
* Support the operations team in resolving any issues within the client’s data plane.
* Analyze support and issue tickets and provide recommendations on reducing the number of incidents.
The ideal person will have the following
* At least 7 years of experience as a DBA
* Solid MSSQL design experience (2014+)
* Experience of cloud migration to AWS / Cloud Native
* MYSQL & MongoDB is an advantage
* Strong technical acumen to help to support sprint planning and any pre-planning sessions
* Solid planning skills and the ability to always look ahead, highlight issues and risks, providing solutions and meeting deadlines
* Demonstrate an excellent understanding of software development with experience leading a self-supporting developer team
* Demonstrable experience in a matrix organisation with strong influencing skills
* Demonstratable experience of modern software deployment, publishing of applications, and deployment methods
* Demonstrable experience of contemporary systems architectures
* Knowledge of Jira, Confluence and similar Agile tools
* Experience of working in regulated environments
* Excellent stakeholder management skills and confidence to challenge others in the right way
This is a remote based role with occasional face to face meetings in the clients office based in the West Midlands
When submitting your application to Colossus Associates, please ensure you have your correct phone number and email address so we can contact you asap regarding your application. For confidentiality purposes, please remove any reference contact phone number's and email address details from your CV.
Sorry, this job is no longer available.