Coventry 20K - 30K Outstanding Permanent
A fantastic opportunity to work with a global FTSE100 technology company which is present across nearly every industry, operating in software and cloud solutions in product development and high-performance computing (HPC), with the chance to work alongside a friendly and enthusiastic team offering great career development opportunities and outstanding benefits.
They are looking for an enthusiastic team-fit with a passion for technology and at least 12 months of commercial experience. This multinational brand has over 35 years of experience in the software industry.
You will be expected to respond to and resolve issues on HPC Linux clusters deployed at client sites while also managing user accounts and handling customer deployments.
The ideal candidate will have experience administering Unix and/or Linux operating systems with a demonstrated understanding of scripting languages such as Unix/Linux shells/Python.
In return, our client offers a brilliant benefits package including a monthly gym membership, health insurance, ESPP, flexible work/life balance and more.
- Resolve issues on HPC Linux Clusters
- Managing user accounts and disk space
- Troubleshoot and resolve advanced system issues such as software or hardware failures
- Active involvement in customer deployments, upgrades, and meetings
- At least 12 months of commercial experience
- BS level technical degree or equivalent required; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred
- Experience administering Unix and/or Linux operating systems
- Proven understanding of scripting languages such as Unix/Linux shells, Python, etc
- Experience working with HPC Workload Managers (PBS Pro, Grid Engine, LSF, Slurm, etc.)
- Experience working with Cloud platforms
- Experience maintaining and replacing server hardware
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility across office/remote working
- Enhanced contributory pension scheme (10%)
- Monthly gym membership
- Training and development opportunities
- Health insurance
- Eligibility for our Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
When submitting your application to Colossus Associates, please ensure you have your correct phone number and email address so we can contact you asap regarding your application. For confidentiality purposes, please remove any reference contact phone number's and email address details from your CV.