Birmingham 45K - 65K Excellent Permanent
Due to rapid expansion, an established Midlands-based software house are looking for an experienced Java Developer to join their successful team. They are looking for somebody to shape and develop the Technology function, as well as to support the company's transition to a client-centric organisation. The JAVA development team are an essential part of the company by working on the core product, they provide a number of essential services to clients.
By collaborating closely with all members of the delivery teams, the Java development team help to deliver exceptional user experiences for clients that meet their business needs
* Oversee the Software Development Lifecycle, including solution design (including estimating), solution development, & software innovation.
* Responsible for Software development standards, processes & tools
* Maintenance of secure and effective development environment
* Ensure consistency & efficiency of product delivery, working with others to translate roadmap features into manageable components/tasks
* Highlighting of risks and come up with solutions to ensure effective delivery.
* Consistent Evaluation of technical efficiency and make changes & improvements as necessary
* Learn & evaluate new technologies & keep abreast of existing technologies to make recommendations & support future platforms
* Ensure Web team develop against company standards and compliance regulations
* Maintain adherence to process & quality standards by all team members
* Work with RESTful API’s and integrations with 3rd Party Systems
* Work with front end developers to create web apps
* Develop code with automated unit and integration tests
* Collaborate with business analysts to refine requirements
* Discuss technical specifications with teams
* Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
* Provide advice and guidance to other developers
* 2-5+ years Java experience
* Strong Java, Spring, Hibernate, Maven
* Knowledge of Git and SQL
* Experience working in an agile environment
* Demonstrable experience within a software development environment delivering commercial applications
* Experience of communicating with clients and building relationships
* Strong technical leadership, able to motivate and deliver through others, demonstrated experience of leading and managing a small team
* Full-stack development experience
* Understanding of front end development
* Excellent analytic skills and an ability to demonstrate critical thinking
When submitting your application to Colossus Associates, please ensure you have your correct phone number and email address so we can contact you asap regarding your application. For confidentiality purposes, please remove any reference contact phone number's and email address details from your CV.