We can help provide information and guidance for Graduates. Here are a few starters:-
HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT JOB
As you start to think seriously about finding your perfect graduate job, there are a vast array of possibilities on offer. However, it is extremely important that you provide yourself with the necessary information to cut through the confusion to allow yourself and clearer route. Knowing what type of work you are looking for and how to find the appropriate vacancies.
You need to ensure your skills are noticed and valued within an organisation.
Consultancies or recruitment agencies offer both temporary and permanent work for applicants. A huge advantage on time saving and a stress free for a graduate looking for a job. They can also offer additional help with applyin for jobs.
These are websites that companies post open positions to. A majority of job boards include details such as the name of the employer, deadline date, qualifications required and the method for applications. There are both private and government job boards available so they can provide you with a wide range of opportunities.
There will be many fairs available to graduates. They are often found on campus. These are a great way of speaking directly with professionals where you can directly ask questions about possible job roles and activity. There are normally two or three a year on campus. There are many private fairs jotted around the country which are open to all graduates.
We network on a daily basis, this is a great way to help climb the career ladder but it is a skill and a task which will require commitment and perseverance.
Once you have been succesful with the recruitment stage and have finally managed to secure an interview here are a few top tips for the interview:-
- Preparation, preparation, preparation! Make sure you research the company via their website, literature etc. Make sure you know who their competitors are too. The job specification needs to be your best friend, know it inside and out and be ready to be that person.
- Read and re-read your CV, make sure you are ready to answer questions about it too.
- Check to see if there are any tests to do during the interview. Check to see if you need to do any presentations etc too.
- Check all travel arrangements at least 24 hours in advance. Ensure you know where to park or what transport you will be taking.
- Make sure you arrive at least 15 minutes before your set time.
- Good Luck, you got this!
You may want to take a look at some new Graduate roles by clicking on the below link